Friday, January 01, 2010

Hellen

I don't know why I do this, but when I'm in an airport for 3 hours I need to find ways to entertain myself, even if at the expense of others. You be the judge.

The following dialog took place when I was ordering lunch today from an airport. In order to protect the anonymity of all parties, I won't say which airport it was, nor reveal the name of the sandwich place. I will say however that it was one of the major airports in Charlotte, NC, and for story's sake, I'll make up a name of the place: Quiznos Subz.

me, "Hi. I'd like a small sub, the smallest size available please."
Hellen (I didn't catch her name but she looked like a Hellen), "We only have one size."
me, "Ok. I'll have a one-size sub then."

I wish this was the only time I pulled something like this, but it's certainly not. Far. From. It. The first time was back in 2007, on a Tuesday (not sure what day it was): Size Smoothie, Please. All in all, only 2 times I guess. And I wonder if I'm the only person I know who thinks it's funny. Her facial expression translated into words would have been, "you're an idiot." Ha.

No comments: