Monday, May 08, 2006

Giant Eyeball Bank

Several years back my brother bought me a giant eyeball piggy bank, sans piggy, for my birthday. You may see it as you walk into my room on the book shelf, and it may even freak you out a little. They're not exactly "street legal." Okay they are but that's always fun to say.

Yesterday for the first time I cashed in. I went to Kroger and approached the giant green change-to-real-cash-converter machine with my giant eyeball bank in hand. After taking literally 15 minutes of shoving the coins into the coin eater-upper, the total came up to $37.45!

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wierd. I thought this was going to be an article about organ donation. But your bank sounds pretty cool too. You should take it home and put it in the window for Halloween. In fact one year, I decided to hand out candy dressed entirely normal, but with one little addition: I glued an extra set of eyes on my forehead. It was an interesting social experiment. Some kids ignored it, some stared, some laughed, and some probably decided to toss out the candy I had given them -- just in case.