Tuesday, September 18, 2007

That Just Happened (I Love Richmond)

I have to blog about this. Last night I went to a Hookah restaurant with a buddy of mine, Andrew Hayes, and we got a taste of true Richmond. We walked into the restaurant, and the conversation went a little like this:

Dude Behind Counter (DBC): To go or sit down?
Us: Sit down.
DBC: Then sit the F*** down.

He said it in a straight face. I couldn't help but laugh. Is it wrong to think this is funny? If it is, then I don't wanna be right.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic story. I think that is great. Can you please post directions to this place so I can take my wife on a date?

Jacob Seward said...

did that happen at aunt sarah's?

Ian Davis said...

It was Saharah restaurant in the VCU area. Great place w/ good people ;-)

Unknown said...

Also, if you don't chew Big Red, f*** you.

Nate Cook said...

Dude, that's hilarious. If I was there I would have felt like walking out though. Nice blog by the way. Good thoughts. (I had wondered about wireless energy before too!)

Ian Davis said...

thanks all for the comments. i think a little piece of everyone thinks about wireless energy.

i love the t-nights quote, too.

Nate Myers said...

ian, I just laughed out loud at that one. I even saw you saying, "then I don't wanna be right." And I laughed again.

Anonymous said...

I had a former workmate that treated people in that manner. He used to throw trash at their face and tell them to pick it up. Maybe he should quit his current job and start working for Saharah.

-David Wooderson