Saturday, September 03, 2005

Trains + Cows = Happiness

Let me tell you about two things that make me happy. They are completely unrelated things, but that's my style.
  1. TRAINS - Last weekend Laura and I went to Brown's Island in Richmond. If you haven't been, you have to go! It's a really chill park that has a bridge with train tracks overhead. Soon after we sat down on the ground to read together, a train started to pass by on the bridge. This unexplained peace came over me. All of my worries of work and life left me, atleast for a little while. The train produced a steady low roar that was soothing to my soul. If that train went by all day long, I would be found w/out wanting.
  2. COWS - If you have ever been around the milk section in Kroger, at just the right time, you will know what I am talking about. The other day, again drowning in my worries, I walked by the milk section and suddenly heard a "MOOOOO!" I smiled and couldn't help but laugh. This is why I love Kroger: they play COW SOUNDS near the milk section. With enough effort on my part, someday they will acquiesce and play grape sounds when you pass the wine section. I think you know what I'm talkin' about. That would be sweet.

No comments: