Saturday, January 09, 2010

God carries on to completion

A couple nights ago I picked up a book to re-read, called Jesus: The Stranger to Self-Hatred by Brennan Manning. If you haven't read it, and you struggle w/ that kind of thing, then I can't recommend it enough. It's on point.

So I started to read it again, and realized that I didn't need to. I had a moment of, Yes, thank God that that is not as much of a struggle as it was a year or two ago. And that's zero percent anything that I did, but 100% God bringing me through that, by his grace and his grace alone.

The following verse honestly never meant much to me, because I get impatient with the whole restoration process, but it's very real to me now: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" - Philippians 1:6.

Thank God that he cares about us to continue working on us, like a potter molds clay, even through the storms of life.

No comments: