Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm a web developer!

I'm a real person now. I get up in the morning and go to work! Last Monday at 3:30 I called up some dude named Bob Lee and said "tell me where to sign" and he said "sweet" and I started working for Salem Web Network (SWN) on a Tuesday. SWN is basically the web division for Salem Communications (SC). SC owns and operates a bunch of Christian radio stations. They have also acquired smaller organizations, such as oneplace.com and crosswalk.com.

What do I get to do? Help design the websites. My title is "web developer" which is kind of fun. I did some web design in college and really enjoyed it. This is week 2, and so far I am liking it. It's quite different from my last job with Genworth. Different I think in a good way. Not to bash Genworth, but it just wasn't my thing, and that's ok.

So yeah, that's the news! I'll try and post some more stuff up on this hog. Lately I've had a bunch of thoughts coming out of nowhere, and several moments of "I need to write this down!" I'll try and get on that :-P

Thank you SO much to everyone for supporting me in the job search. You rock, and I appreciate your prayers and encouragement.

No comments: